Expedition Technology in Herndon, VA is seeking an application support engineer to monitor and maintain the performance of customer-specific software applications.
If you join our team, you’ll join a group of talented software engineers who are building and deploying applications vital to the United States Intelligence Community. These programs sit at the intersection of ML algorithms and human decision making with a rapidly growing user base. You’ll analyze performance issues, participate in testing, examine code to find and fix bugs, orient new users to the application, and provide training for customers. You’ll use your detective skills to find the root cause of application issues and escalate when appropriate. In other words, you’ll serve as the first line of defense when software issues arise due to unforeseen usage patterns that impact end users.
Are you up for the challenge? If you are passionate about technology and have a customer-focused outlook, we’d like to talk to you. Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Application Support Engineer Requirements
- Provide end to end software application support for end users
- Perform analyses on software application functionality and make suggestions for improvement
- Employ testing methodologies to ensure effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications
- Consult with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance
- Discover, track and resolve code anomalies (bugs) and work with senior engineers to correct
- Dig into root causes of application errors, and escalate serious concerns
- Record configuration changes in the database
- Document processes and contribute to user manuals
Why work at Expedition Technology?
- United States citizenship – Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government issued security clearance of Top Secret/SCI w/CI polygraph. You must be a US Citizen to qualify for clearance.
- Active Top Secret security clearance - TS/SCI strongly preferred but we will process an SCI for the right inpidual
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, communication science, information technology or related field
- Some experience with SQL or other relational database querying languages
- Comfort with and desire to provide in-person and remote application training
- Understanding of how web applications work, front-end/back-end, database functionality
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Some experience as an application support engineer in a professional environment (internships count!)
- Proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them
We are proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019, 2020 and the 2021 Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work List. We are also a 2021 Top Workplace as named by the Washington Post.
We offer a robust benefits package designed to meet the varying needs of our team. Benefits include:
Who is Expedition Technology?
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (company-paid through an Inpidual Benefit Account)
- Health Care Savings Account
- Dependent Care Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement of up to $5250/year
- 401k with up to 12% company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Conference attendance
- Free tickets to sporting and theater events
- A supportive, collaborative culture that puts our people first
- Professional development, advancement, learning and growth opportunities
We are an employee-owned defense and aerospace technology small business that has become a market leader in developing software applications incorporating advanced machine learning algorithms for the DOD and Intelligence Communities.EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a perse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.