Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, its about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Be a Product of Rad Society
Weve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. Thats you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someones bag, on someones feet. Youre a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In Converse Product Development, our purpose is to bring to life products that blow away consumer expectations. We believe this is possible by investing in the right talent and partnering with outstanding manufacturers to:
- Bring to life a diverse portfolio of new products built upon innovative technologies/methods
- Honor our dedication to our people and our planet!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As our Footwear Associate Product Developer, you will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio of seasonal products and working with a diverse group of peers!
- Coordinate the product creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned models to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
- Collaborate with Design, Brand and Category Management, and Manufacturing, to effectively execute on product development goals
- Build and revise appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes.
- Supervise and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
- Stay on top of market trends, category goals, new technology and consumer needs throughout the development process and engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.
- With supervision, learns and engages in the development process, including sampling and prototyping across geographies, to achieve the ultimate goal of on-time manufacturability of quality and crafted, validated and tested, sustainable and cost effective product that ultimately meets the performance criteria and original design intent.
- Lead meeting organization, communication, decision making, and information pertaining to projects, including project planning, BOM Management, data integrity, and involvement of functional team members.
- With supervision, manages challenges during the product creation process, leads the team to consensus utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills in order to provide options, recommendations, and ultimately resolution.
- Actively engage with the functional and extended product creation team members to ensure that engineering and category standard methodologies are utilized to achieve product performance goals, athlete, and consumer requirements.
- With training, learns a basic understanding of footwear technical knowledge and 3D digital technical tools, including patterns, mold design, chemical, materials, costing, and manufacturing to appropriately achieve project objectives at an expected level of efficiency and accountability.
- With training, Identifies product testing requirements, utilizes Lab and Product Testing resources to conduct physical, dynamic, and long term field tests to insure product performance integrity. Provides input, solutions, and direction based on test results.
- With training Specifies to product creation team the material, component and construction options to meet key features and performance goals.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Materials Design/Operations and Color Design in the selection of new/seasonal materials and colors and works in partnership in addressing material and/or color issues.
- Effectively engage and collaborate with Design and Product Merchandising to deliver product to costing targets. Drives model budgets and costing analysis for seasonal category top models.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors degree
- 0-1 years project management experience. (In lieu of degree, two years of additional proven experience required)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving concepts and application.
- Attention to detail and data accuracy with a focus on achieving time-based breakthroughs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with overseas office development personnel daily via email, phone, Zoom, Slack
- Self-motivated with strong decision-making capabilities. Individual must be team-oriented and willing to step in where needed. Dates and Gates management is critical
- A positive demeanor and an open mind, an acceptance of others and a friendly demeanor willing to work collaboratively with others.
Converse is more than a company; its a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, were different.