UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function include those responsible for designing/developing, programming, maintaining, and publishing operational reports in support of the United Strategic Platform (USP). Provides insights and analysis utilized for decision making. May make recommendations based on the analysis and provide explanations for reporting results as needed. May be done for internal operational purposes as well as for customers.
General Job Profile
- This customer facing position will work directly with executive level stakeholders within our USP teams to develop advanced UI reporting solutions. This position provides visibility, analytical, ad hoc and development capabilities leveraging data from different functional areas across the USP landscape.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working in a matrix environment by partnering with other partners in the USP program to deliver reporting need to support the expansion of the platform through new business and migration.
- Participates within an Agile framework across a matrix environment and fully utilizing agile tools (e.g., Swift KanBan)
- Participates in daily/weekly scrums to provide updates on assigned work as well as be aligned to new deliverables.
- Works closely with our business partners to identify impact of the work we do toward their organization goals.
- Follows uniform team branding with new and/or existing visualization solutions, including but not limited to platform and layout.
- Participates in reporting transformation as part of United Strategic Platform migrations
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational, and organizational problems within the team.
- Assists with setting team direction, resolving problems, and providing both assistance and guidance to team members
- May oversee work activities of peers and others in a matrix environment.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Demonstrate and apply understanding of UnitedHealth Group's business (e.g., specific business capabilities, functions, processes, and business cycles) and knowledge of operations, goals, and policies and procedures of internal business partners (e.g., information contacts) to provide effective support to internal and/or external customers.
- Manage and protect data, adhering to applicable legal/regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA, PHI, PII, DOI, state and federal regulations)
- Propose and/or define long-term strategies for implementing process and/or reporting improvements
- Review competitive intelligence (e.g., report formats; aggregation levels) to identify trends and opportunities for new reporting solutions
- Identify and/or provide opportunities for additional training and learning to support process and report improvements
- Create and/or update presentation documents and materials to summarize results (e.g., written reports; PowerPoint deck; Tableau; graphs and/or charts)
- Review and/or identify appropriate report format to use (e.g., existing reports; new report) based on customers' needs and ensure they have appropriate access to reports (e.g., review security provisions; ensure proper documentation is obtained) in alignment with PADU
- Develop business context diagrams (e.g., business data flows, process flows) to analyze/confirm the definition of project requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of the difference between business requirements and technical solutions and define approach for storing and updating business requirements
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders (e.g., business owners, process owners, domain experts) to identify specific business requirements. Perform reviews with all stakeholders to obtain approval/signoff of project requirements documents (e.g., walkthroughs). Obtain needed resources (e.g., different functional teams; subject matter experts; internal and/or external stakeholders) to implement business solutions.
- Ensure that project requirements are clearly and comprehensively documented, understood and support traceability (e.g., Agile inspection)
- Define and update the project schedule to track/measure progress of the requirements gathering process (e.g., status, milestones, tasks, deliverables). In addition to supporting ongoing monitoring and adjustment of project scope/timelines/dependencies
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors degree or Work Equivalent
- 3+ years of developing reports in Tableau, PowerBI or other data visualization tools
- 3+ years navigating reporting databases/data warehouses (Star/Snowflake schema)
- 3+ years proven experience capturing requirements and documenting system/process changes
- 2+ years participating in projects following Agile Best Practices
- 2+ years Customer Facing experience including status updates, strategy discussions and managing complex/sensitive scenarios
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Experience with Big Data technologies a plus (Hadoop, MAPR Hive, Spark)
- SQL experience working with SQL Server and T-SQL
- 2+ years of health care industry, claims experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives thats second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000.. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Business Systems Analyst, WFH, work from home, work at home, WAH, Nationwide Telecommute, Remote, SQL, database, hiring immediately, #RPO