This job is located in Brockport.Overview:
Elderwood of Lakeside of Brockport, located in Brockport, NY is a 5-star Medicare rated facility. Additional highlights:
One of the top facilities in Monroe Country with the least amount of annualized nursing stff turnover
Seasoned leadership team with longevity
Collaborative and supportive work environment
Oversees, organizes, plans, directs, controls, and supervises functions and personnel within the department.Previous experience in a health care facility preferred.
Join Our Team: If making a difference in someones life is important to you, join our team today! Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Enjoy being a part of a strong and perse team, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Monthly employee appreciation events, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Strong leadership, Truly make a difference in our residents lives while providing top notch care, Uniform Provided Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily operations of the dining service department including the kitchen, dish room, food storage areas, and dining rooms.
- Adheres to state regulations, current best practices, policies, and procedures for food preparation and meal service.
- Works with Director of Nutritional Services on menus and recipe development.
- Maintains department food and non-food item inventory consistent with budgetary confines.
- Adheres to purchasing practices set forth by the Director of Purchasing and Nutritional Services Director.
- Conducts routine audits and monitors performance improvement initiatives related to food service.
- Attends, leads, and actively participates in, resident care plan meetings, staff meetings, required in-service programs, and other meetings/programs deemed appropriate by the Administrator or Director of Nutritional Services.
- Performs job functions of each department position when necessary.
- Regularly interacts and communicates with residents/family members regarding meal service.
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal regulations of the State Department of Health code and rules and regulations regarding meal service in the post-acute care setting.
- Ensures proper preparation, maintenance, and service of food in accordance with State rules and regulations.
- Acts as a preceptor for Dietetic and/or Food Service students and interns.
- Conducts in-service programs for dietary and facility staff upon request.
- Evaluates the performance of all Dining Services staff members.
- Support and abide by Elderwood’s and affiliate’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Must abide by Elderwood’s and its affiliated businesses code of conduct, corporate compliance and HIPAA policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and ability to reference them.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Base wages increase with experience!
From: USD $43,680.00/Yr. Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree or higher in Food Service Management (or Hospitality, if the course study includes food service or restaurant management) from an accredited institution of higher learning, OR Certified Dietary Manager, OR Certified Food Service Manager.
- Three years supervisory experience required.
- At least one year experience in a health care setting required.
- Working knowledge of CMS and DOH regulations as they relate to food service.
- Experience with the QIS survey process preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge in nutritional software programs preferred.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.