RIS Hardware & Infrastructure Engineering has a need for a Department Manager on the Dulles Campus with experience in Computer Network Defense, Full Stack Development, Network Engineering, Infrastructure/Environments Engineering, Automation, Virtualization and Cloud technologies, Data Architecture/Storage. The Department Manager will support multiple programs in all facets of Hardware & Infrastructure Engineering. This position reports directly to the RIS Hardware & Infrastructure Engineering Director.
Responsible for technical and process execution for Infrastructure discipline across all programs. Functional Management of 70+ Hardware and Infrastructure Engineers. Responsible to ensure that Infrastructure meets cost, schedule, and technical requirements thru design, implementation and test. Support Infrastructure development of systems supporting multiple mission areas including SC2, CTS, and CAMS. Ensures that discipline (Infrastructure) Strategy is followed and that Infrastructure personnel are trained with the right skills to follow the overall Infrastructure Governance Model. Also responsible for providing improvements to the infrastructure strategy to improve overall development cycle time.
The ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance is required for this positionDesired Skills:
- 12+ years of experience in Hardware/Infrastructure Engineering or equivalent program experience.
- Leadership clear and effective communication; ability to build & motivate a team; pro-actively solve problems and removes roadblocks; identify risks & manage them; exploit opportunities; vigilant scope/change management awareness.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one discipline related area.
- Ability to guide technical growth of personnel within the department; proficient in mentoring and correcting weaknesses in others.
- Effective facilitator; effective delegation skills; strong judgment and decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple tasks and priorities, and to complete simultaneous assignments with high quality and timely products.
- Able to define plans, integrate cost, schedule and technical objectives; set priorities, adapt plans and flow them down.
- Ensure Infrastructure Engineering is staffed with the right technical and capable engineering staff to meet technical, cost and schedule objectives
- Execute processes and procedures across the program that ensure consistency within the organization. Ensure process compliance, including appropriate process tailoring, and ensure appropriate metrics are collected to support executable engineering bids.
- Direct multiple teams (two or more) through team leaders
- Position supports programs and pursuits across the entire US and multiple International Sites.
- 12+ years of experience with DoD programs.
- Experience writing proposals
- MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline
- Knows the personnel and skill sets within the organization.
Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College required with 12+ years of related work experienceThis position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.