About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a persified, community based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment, and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,200 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com), and mobile banking, and has offices in 32 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 266,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the U.S. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 17 on the Forbes 2020 rankings of the largest corporations globally.
Wells Fargo Technology
Information & Cyber Security
- Developing and executing a multiyear technology strategy supporting full range of data and AI investments
- Running a world class Security Consulting team
- Provide senior technology perspective on industry trends, competitive landscape and market/regulatory changes leveraging industry contacts, vendors, and strategic technology partner relationships.
- Demonstrate security risk mitigation by collaborating closely with other teams within ICS to build AI and ML capabilities into other security processes where appropriate
- Establishing and maintaining a profile as a senior technology leader both inside and outside the firm.
- Develop and implement a Data Science-focused training program to build up AI and ML-related skills within the broader ICS organization.
- Serves as a role model demonstrating strong commitment to persity & inclusion and Wells Fargo’s culture and core values.
- Develop effective communication methodologies and processes to provide “explainability” for models to non-technical users, including other lines of defense.
Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Explains specifically how changes in competitors, clients, and market segments affect own business or institution.
- Translates broad corporate strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for units and inpiduals.
- Creates plans that demonstrably mitigates risk.
- Fundamentally believes that “great vision without execution is hallucination.”
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
- Shows urgency about reaching targets.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure team is achieving results.
- Tests to see if goals are sufficiently challenging and implements corrective action based on deviations.
Collaborating and Influencing
- Will bring a passion to change the culture within the technology organization alongside an ability to enter a culture where influence and collaboration is critical to driving change constructively.
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both act as true peers and decisions are shared.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people.
Building People Capability
- Serves as a talent magnet for ICS within Wells Fargo Technology.
- Dedicates time and energy to maintaining and growing a group of high-caliber, highly-motivated talent.
- Gives critical feedback in behavioral terms and discusses suggestions for improvement.
- Uses existing institutional programs and brings new practices and strategies to support employees’ career growth in inpidual ways.
- Uses a regular assessment and feedback process to focus the development effort.
- Actively and aggressively manages the talent on their team to ensure high performers are appropriately challenged and low performers are appropriately improved or removed.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities that include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10+ years of technology development experience
- 10+ years of technology infrastructure and strategy experience
- 8+ years of technology management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience managing large or multiple technology development efforts within a major line of business
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- 15+ years of cybersecurity experience
- 5+ years’ experience in developing ML solutions, preferably in or around the cybersecurity domain
- 5+ years’ experience in a security architecture and/or security consulting leadership position
- Hands on understanding of different security technologies, including emerging companies
- Expertise in designing and deploying robust data platforms to meet enterprise use cases.
- 5+ years of executive leadership experience managing a complex technology organization of large scale including senior managers, managers, inpidual contributors and vendor resources across multiple global locations.
- Demonstrated prior experiences in effective engagement with operating & management committee executives and external stakeholders.
- Strong relevant prior experiences in effective management of technology financials and risk.
- Ability to effectively drive and lead change in an organization with Wells Fargo’s size, scale and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a high performing team of leaders, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement and satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large portfolio of technology efforts across several major lines of business and effectively partner/influence at the senior executive level.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical and regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment.
- Proven experience as a highly effective leader with credibility from demonstrating strong business and technology acumen.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.