We are currently working with a neuro rehabilitation service, which provides care and treatment for patients with acquired brain injuries including strokes and neuro-progressive conditions. We are looking for health care assistants to join a transdisciplinary team that includes a range of professionals. Providing care to move patients through their journey towards greater independence in life.
50 bedded neuro rehabilitation service.
- Brain injury services
- Neurophysical services
- Neurobehavioural services
- Neuropsychiatry, Older adults and dementia
- Traumatic Brain injuries
- Acquired brain injury
- Huntington's Disease
- High dependency rehabilitation units (HDUs)
11.60 per hour/22,680 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities of a Health care assistant
- Assist qualifies staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity, and treatment of all patients.
- Provide practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities.
- Observe and monitor the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff and documented.
- Participate in regular ward meetings and attend others as requested.
- Assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products
Requirements of a Healthcare assistant
- NVQ/BTEC care certificate
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days with length of service
- Life assurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free parking
- NMC Payment in full
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private dental cover
- Flexible benefits packages
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please click on "Apply for this role" now to submit your most recent CV and someone in the team will be in contact with you