This job is brought to you by Jobs/Redefined, the UK's leading over-50s age inclusive jobs board.
Our Client is an investment management firm founded in the last 10 years to invest in social infrastructure across the UK and Europe. They invest in specialist health and social care properties in the UK, with a focus on sustainable rents, fit-for-purpose assets and high quality of care. They are a very supportive partner to care providers and their owners to fund future growth and new developments.
- This is a key role to grow the healthcare team to deliver the firm's ambitious plans to invest over £1bn into the UK healthcare sector.
- Their investment strategy in asset-backed healthcare spans the full care pathway of children's social care, education services and adult specialist care services.
- Their reputation in the market is built on deep sector expertise, quick decision making and acting with integrity at all times.
- They focus on developing lasting partnerships with successful, high quality care providers - they never invest in underperforming or distressed opportunities.
- Transaction structures involved with include sale and leasebacks (property only) and M&A
- Individual investments range from £20m to £500m+.
- The role will also support new investment strategies including Europe and the elderly care sector.
- Reporting to the Head of Healthcare, you will also work closely with the wider business including the Transactions Team, Finance and Asset Management, as well as external advisors.
- The Healthcare Associate Director will utilise their previous sector and transaction experience to identify, evaluate, convert and execute investment opportunities.
- The role will also include ad hoc projects to develop the firm's evolving healthcare investment strategy, expansion into new markets, and work with care providers across the existing portfolio.
- Build relationships with advisors, deal introducers and influencers across the sector
- Systematic market screening to identify and research potential targets
- Manage and report internally on the deal pipeline
- Approach target companies and build relationships with business owners and vendors
- Assist to initiate and negotiate transactions
- Detailed appraisal and valuation analysis for new investment opportunities
- Draft offer letters and heads of terms
- Draft Investment Committee (IC) papers and present new deals to the IC
- Lead the due diligence process, working closely with the Transactions Team
- Manage external advisors, including appointment, scoping and timetable for due diligence
- Work closely with key M&A partners
- Assist to monitor the performance of the portfolio and engage with existing tenants
- Identify ways to collaborate and share best practice across funds and teams
Specific experience and requirements
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. Likely to have an accountancy or recognised business qualification
- 5 years or more relevant transaction experience typically in an advisory, investor or in-house role
- Experience working within the health and social care environment is essential
- The role is London based