Finegreen are currently working in partnership with a large healthcare client in the appointment of the above role.
About our client:
- They provide high performing, high quality and efficient support services that maintain or exceed current required quality and performance measures;
- Ensure that the hospital has the support service infrastructure to continue to deliver sustainable and safe clinical services to its patients;
- Provide an environment that continues to offer opportunities and security for our workforce - ensuring improved staff satisfaction and morale;
- Provide greater flexibility and freedoms to enable commercial opportunities to be maximised and generate new income to the company to support better patient care;
Successful candidate will have:
- This role is responsible for the management of all maintenance service contracts and ad hoc maintenance contractors to ensure a seamless service delivery between in house and contract labour across acute and primary healthcare facilities;
- Ensure all required maintenance service contracts and specialist reactive maintenance contractors are in place and are routinely reviewed, renewed, and tendered in a timely and efficient manner to meet the needs of the Estates service;
- Work in conjunction with technical service experts (maintenance managers, engineers) to develop service specifications to ensure technical and statutory compliance in all service contracts to include service requirements, frequencies, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for all locations;
- Develop and amend contract specifications consulting with relevant Estates managers and undertake tendering processes in line with organisations FSl's for all service contracts and specialist contractor framework agreements;
- Carry out regular quality reviews on all contractors work and ensure formal contractor review systems are in place to formally monitor and record contractor performance. Producing and preparing monthly performance reports for the Head of Estates, as required.
- Develop a partnering culture with contractors that encourage their innovation in line with the Estates department's continuous service improvement philosophy;
- Develop and maintain approved contractor lists across all areas of maintenance utilising qualitative and cost criteria. From these lists develop and maintain framework contracts for all specialist services;
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Contracts environment within Facilities Management services;
- Experience of developing cost models to formulate cost assumptions and actuals into investment cases for individual contracts with support of finance;
- Ability to deliver high standards of front of house diplomacy and service;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, particularly with key stakeholders.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Donna Larder on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)