The Lead Game Designer is responsible for providing guidance and support to enhance and improve the overall player experience for our game slate, in order to deliver the highest quality and most authentic products possible.
In this role, you will provide clear and concise editorial feedback on game proposals, documents, and builds. You will help conceive, develop, and communicate creative possibilities for games based on upcoming and existing Lucasfilm properties by encouraging the creative exploration of our characters, worlds, and stories while retaining their authenticity and appeal.
This Creative works with both internal and external creative teams to conceive, develop, and present game design approaches. You will collaborate with key stakeholders within Lucasfilm throughout development in order for our products and experiences to deliver against their goals.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, creative thinker, and game designer that can draw upon their background as both a developer and gamer.
- Provide game design direction, guidance, and support for projects to ensure a high level of execution on the genre, platform, and target demographics while meeting our brand requirements.
- Establish and articulate game design and narrative best practices, processes, and procedures to be utilized during production.
- Provide editorial review for external game concepts, providing actionable feedback on game design and creative content. Identify potential areas of risk affecting product quality and timeliness.
- Provide brand guidance to licensing partners balancing the needs of the game with the authenticity of licensed IP.
- Analyze existing and upcoming franchise opportunities to identify the key brand pillars and game-able moments.
- Act as a point of contact for game design issues on projects.
- Deep dive into core game mechanics and game play loops, and communicate these systems in both written and verbal form, including the ability to provide detailed reviews of Game Design Documentation.
- Research and identify new gaming trends, techniques, and processes that can inspire or be utilized by our partners.
- 5+ yrs experience in creative development/design of Console/Mobile/PC games or other entertainment.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative creative environment, working closely with Producers, Artists, and Senior Management.
- Experience leading a team of designers, overseeing the necessary distribution of work while bearing the responsibility of the team's deliverables.
- Track record of designing, developing, and shipping high-quality interactive games with solid experience in product development from concept to completion is required.
- Ability to make confident, intelligent, and difficult decisions that reflects a solid understanding of a products goals and strategies.
- Previous experience interfacing with game developers, understanding team structures and roles, production pipelines, and common production challenges.
- Ability to review and create game design documentation including core game systems, game mechanics, interface design, and narrative content.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects at different stages of development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits