Frederick, United States
Permanent | Full Time
Brief Job Description:
The Associate Scientist core responsibilities include supporting the design of validation sampling/test plans, performing development studies, resolving technical issues encountered during study execution, cleaning, sterilization, process, manufacturing/analytical equipment, and monitoring inventory.
Projects are typically small or part of larger projects. Projects are assigned by management. The Associate Scientist also supports technology transfer activities tracked in the site change control system, method validation/method transfer, filter validation, shipping qualification, and FAT/SAT/Commissioning activities. The inpidual should possess strong technical skills and experience with biopharmaceutical unit operations and equipment.
* Evaluate the material attributes, structures and properties, such as composition, product compatibility, and comparability in order to obtain information to determine whether materials are accepspan for GMP use.
* Test material samples for further functional test capabilities, to further support feasibility for utilization. Upstream MS&T laboratory work is required.
* Train in lab procedures and specifically, cell culture processes and testing.
* Might provide technical support for product/process materials and investigations throughout product lifecycle
The position may require off-shift and weekend work as well as infrequent travel.
Full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in a limited area or field.
Develops solutions to problems within job scope where precedents exist.
Depending upon ability, may determine inpidual approach to devising solutions to problems.
Recommendations consistently contribute to project advancement. Contributes to technology development or support programs. Effectively functions as a member of one or more project teams.
* B.S./B.A./M.S. in Engineering, Biological/Physical Sciences, or equivalent focus of study.
* 0-2 years in a cGMP biopharmaceutical production setting with a focus in large scale mammalian cell culture processes and process development.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Loading please wait...