Hilton Head Hospital
Saint Helena Island, United States
Permanent | Full Time
The Telemetry Technician initiates, monitors, and discontinues telemetry monitoring of assigned patient population according to unit protocols and will documents accurately/completely as required. Continuously watches cardiac monitors for changes or disturbance in rate or rhythm. Recognizes and reports all monitor alarm conditions to include life-threatening and lethal arrhythmias to appropriate nursing staff. The Telemetry Technician directs communication regarding telemetry monitoring with both nursing and ancillary units. Maintains telemetry log book, monitoring devices and all necessary supplies for the telemetry monitoring station.
Education and Training:
1. High School degree or equivalent preferred.
2. Successful completion of basic arrhythmia course preferred.
3. Successful completion of the Basic EKG and Dysrhythmia Recognition Exam within 90 days
1. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
2. Previous telemetry or patient care experience preferred.
Desired / Preferred Attributes:
1. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
2. Ability to demonstrate proper customer service and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to quickly organize and multi-task.
4. Ability to respond to emergencies and unpredictable situations in a calm manner, exercising good judgment, and supporting unit staff as needed.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicants or employees race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Loading please wait...