Charter Communications is Americas fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. Were committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charters business strategy and its the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO oversee the design and architecture of Charters multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
This role collaborates with team members on various cloud technologies, and recommends cloud infrastructure solutions. Works with various automation tools to automate the deployment of VMs in a public or private cloud. Works with various configuration management tools to manage a consistent state for VMs. Interfaces with other teams to collect and define project requirements for automating and deploying their application or technology stack. Bridge the gap between various different organizations within Charter by leveraging automation tooling and concepts (AE, Ops, IT, etc.).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Basic knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Basic knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
- Basic knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Must have a deep knowledge of the Linux OS, Virtualization and Containerization knowledge is a plus.
- Deployed applications in various different public and private cloud environments.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with Chef, Terraform and Ansible
- Working knowledge of automation technologies
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experienceRelated Work Experience / Number of Years
Engineering work experience / 5-10
Project management work experience / 5-10PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services
Experience with IAC and the new software-driven technology with experience on virtual environments, software defined infrastructure, hyper-converged systems, container technologies, micro services, API strategies, software development and scripting.
Designs standard patterned and custom IT solutions for business partner projects, including development of a testing plan.Education
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environment EGN601-CORP 289275 289275BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $107,600.00
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.