Charters Emerging Technology and Innovation team is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer well versed in the technologies powering tomorrows Internet. The candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining a wide variety of systems and network components supporting rapid prototyping and development.
The successful candidate will be experienced in a broad range of technology disciplines including DOCSIS, PacketCable, IP networking, cloud compute platforms, and modern Linux operating systems. Additionally, the candidate should have experience installing and operating both open source and proprietary software solutions on disparate platforms.
The candidate will be afforded a great deal of latitude to choose technologies used for prototyping and implementation. This role requires a high degree of creativity and the ability to work independently to innovate in emerging technology areas.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Actively and consistently work alongside rapid prototyping team to understand project goals and requirements
- Recommend and implement supporting infrastructure technologies
- Quickly evolve the infrastructure stack as new projects take shape
- Manage development labs across multiple sites
- Provide technical leadership within the area of expertise and mentor junior engineers
- Troubleshoot and resolve application issues in cooperation with development staff
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Expert understanding of Linux operating system semantics, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Competent knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode,
- Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and transport technologies / protocols
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Ability to work independently and ramp up quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with AWS, OpenStack, or other cloud infrastructure technologies
- Experience with infrastructure tools such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experienceRelated Work Experience
5-10 years Engineering work experience
5-10 years Project management work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and servicesEducation
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)WORKING CONDITIONS
EGN601-CORP 291609 291609BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $107,600.00
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.