Cognizant Technology Solutions
Chicago, United States
Healthcare & Medical
Permanent | Full Time
PRODUCT OWNER, HEALTHCARE CONSULTING
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating, and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build, and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at
Within Cognizant is Cognizant Consulting, a global consulting organization delivering strategic and domain consulting through industry and technology expertise. With over 6,000 consultants worldwide, Cognizant offers high-value consulting services that improve business performance and operational productivity, lower operational expenses and enhance overall performance. Clients draw upon our deep industry expertise, program and change management capabilities, and analytical objectivity to help improve business productivity, drive technology-enabled business transformation and increase shareholder value. We provide a number of Business/IT Consulting Services including Business Strategy, IT Strategy & Roadmap Development, Process Re-Engineering & Transformation, Enterprise Architecture & Technology Selection, and Domain Solutions. The Cognizant Consulting team is a high performing organization that is continually expanding our client base and increasingly being recommended by analysts such as Forrester and Gartner.
Our Healthcare consulting practice is one of the most prominent and significant in the industry. And we're growing! We're looking for a PRODUCT OWNER to join us in client-facing role on our Consulting team. This role will be assigned to a client, and may have travel or on-site requirements.
We're looking for Product Owners/Consultants who can deliver within Cognizant's Five Pillars of Consulting : 1) Project Execution, 2) Expertise, 3) Business Development, 4) Practice Development, & 5) People Development. As a Consultant, this means creating high-quality client deliverables and taking ownership (with supervision) of producing client content and meeting client expectations; developing an expertise in your functional area, including obtaining certifications; contributing to Client Satisfaction and/or RFPs; supporting leadership and contributing to content development for service offerings; and participating in PeopleCare initiatives and exhibiting personal leadership at all times. In addition to enabling consulting excellence through the Five Pillars of Consulting, the specific requirements for this position are below.
Our solutions are in demand and we're passionate about making a difference. If you have experience with the above, are a selfless leader, and are committed to client-facing environment; if you want to grow your career with a team that wants to build something great together, we want to hear from you! Apply now!
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Define product strategy and offerings through a deep understanding of market needs and trends.
* Manage product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, partnering with engineering and cross functional teams to define and deliver the product vision, and working closely with Customer Experience and Technology teams to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met
* Leverage a hypothesis driven approach to turn customer insights into actionable business and product requirements for rapid testing. Take creative risks to develop breakthrough opportunities.
* Capture product requirements and develop release plans with prioritized features and corresponding justification
* Leverage product analytics to drive product strategy and direction. Analyze customer behaviors, technology trends, sales behaviors, support issues, competitive analyses, product usage patterns, and more to guide the organization in future product planning
* Compile, monitor, and report on weekly/monthly/yearly metrics (e.g., adoption, usage and customer satisfaction) and be responsible for leading reviews with senior management; take ownership of performance and adjust tactics to meet objectives
* Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
* Develop deep "end customer" understanding, particularly around unmet user experience needs
* Create and prioritize the work with engineering, assisting in determining the best technical implementation methods, track product development, and develop product launch plans.
* Be an expert with respect to the competition. Understand and stay current with the dynamic competitive landscape around healthcare service delivery, including emerging technologies and platforms
* Contributes to assisting leadership with the development of business development activities, e.g., content creation pertaining to thought leadership, RFPs, mentoring junior associates, developing service offerings etc.
In addition to the above:
* Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare or technology related field; MBA desired but not required
* Prior project experience in Medicaid/Medicare/Commercial (Exchange)
* Agile certification preferred
* 5+ years product management experience, preferably in an Agile environment
* 3+ years' experience developing consumer-facing products in a healthcare, e-commerce or consumer-focused company required
* A deep understanding of software development lifecycle process and demonstrated success in delivering products/services in a growing environment.
* Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts
* Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Proven analytical thinking, attention to detail and exception organizational skills.
* Strong project management skills, including a proven ability to think end-to-end, establish priorities, manage long-term projects, and manage multiple projects simultaneously. A track record of achieving results is critical.
* Superior communication skills with previous experience interacting with and presenting to senior leadership/executives.
* Ability to build and maintain cross-functional/organizational relationships
* SAFE Certified Product Owners preferred
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 13 2023
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email with your request and contact information.
Loading please wait...