Graphic Packaging International - Europe
cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Healthcare & Medical
Permanent | Full Time
Healthcare & Beauty segment Quality Manager
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, healthcare, beauty and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With 25,000 employees working in more than 130 locations worldwide, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
To develop and execute the European Strategy for Process Management/Quality Management throughout the segment. The position is responsible for the implementation of the Process Management/Quality Management System at each respective facility and the development of policies, procedures, supporting systems to drive world class quality performance. In addition, the position is responsible for developing and maintaining a common quality scorecard to effectively measure quality performance throughout the organization. The position is also responsible for working with the European/segment sites and divisional leaders to develop an execution plan to drive quality performance improvements through each division. It will lead the integration of the Voice of the Customer feedback with the quality strategies to drive quality performance at the customer, lowering internal cost of quality and it will manage the corporate audit process ensuring compliance to Quality System standards and identification of improvement plans to achieve goals and objectives.
How you will bring value to GPI:
• Develop and implement a plan to bring all sites within segment into compliance with the QMS requirements. Lead integrated management system on the group level when applicable.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive quality strategy throughout the segment.
• Work with purchasing staff to establish requirements from external corporate suppliers and perform evaluation and audits.
• Ensure quality system is in compliance with safety, product stewardship standards, and evolving legislation in cooperation with Food Safety responsible.
• Understanding VOC results and initiatives and integrating that into innovative quality systems and quality management technology to drive growth.
• Responsible to facilitate cross business unit and functional groups together to develop comprehensive world class quality policies and procedures.
• Develop, lead, and manage control systems through proper documentation and internal network systems to facilitate accurate communication and documentation for standardization and consistent replication.
• Lead Quality Management reviews at the site and Segment level including monthly and annual reviews.
• Responsible for developing and coaching sites Quality Managers, Plant Managers, to align and implement a consistent Process Management/Quality Management Program to improve process capability, identify relevant quality training needs, and deliver appropriate levels of training.
• Lead and promote audits of the Company’s quality/food safety systems, and provide feedback and support to plant-level personnel for improving quality systems while maintaining consistency across sites.
• Lead the assessment of product specifications and process capability of the company, raw materials and compare with customer requirements to achieve production and quality targets. Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
• Collate and analyses quality performance data and charts against defined parameters while ensuring execution of corrective actions and compliance with customer specifications.
• Responsible to define and manage the European/Segment systems and process for consistent test methods, equipment and procedures.
• Ensure quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods are in place, effective, and compliant with regulatory and customer requirements.
• Leads, develops, and manages Quality KPI’s (scorecards) to measure the effectiveness of our quality systems and ensure alignment with evolving market place conditions (VOC).
• Lead and support VOC European/Segment Key customer groups including internal and external performance meetings and follow up.
• Establish specification alignment, storage management and review process to include minimum standards.
• Provide and/or support quality-related training for leadership team and other required employees (plant/division/etc).
· Knowledge of quality standards
· Track record of improving processes and goal achievement
· Preferred University degree in business, science or engineering.
• Minimum 4 years experience leading effective quality system deployment
· Experience building trusted relationships across organizations, including with partners of professional service firms
· Extensive experience of dealing with customers as well as operations, sales, quality and procurement.
· Ability to work independently, in a dynamic fast-paced environment
· Strong understanding of technology products, processes and implementations
· Excellent presenter and communicator who is articulate, passionate and knowledgeable
· Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
· An understanding of problem solving approach and data analysis.
· Expert in Microsoft office: xls, Powerpoint ,Minitab
· Proven Capability to analyze data using statistical tools, process tools (FMEA, X and Y matrix, etc.) and process capability.
· Preferred Black Belt Certification and Lean Manufacturing Experience
How GPI can bring value to you:
A great opportunity in one of the key player's within the packaging industry! Your contribution will change and make a difference in the life's of so many of us. A part from that we offer you a market competitive salary in line with your expectations and market value.
Loading please wait...