Cambridge, United States
Permanent | Full Time
Our client is dedicated to the development of novel therapies for rare disease, and they are currently looking for candidates that mirror their passion for the therapeutic treatment of rare diseases that will advance the gene therapy field.
The candidate, in this position, will support the in vitro/in vivo Non-Clinical Team developing new AAV therapeutics for the treatment of rare diseases. A qualified candidate will be extremely well organized and will take a proactive stance in making sure the lab is well stocked, samples are well organized, and inventory/manifest is kept up to date and easily accessible.
- Assist with writing up, formatting and proofreading of in vivo study protocols using a template as a guide.
- Manage, organize and maintain inventory of samples from studies, shipping manifests, chemicals and storage areas.
- Assist in daily laboratory operation and maintenance, including preparing and ordering necessary reagents and supplies and other lab activities.
- Labeling and organizing supplies needed for each study and ensuring they are available when needed at our outside in vivo facility.
- Schedule and coordinate shipment of samples to and from client for storage and analysis.
- Animal ordering and coordinating with our outside in vivo facility.
- Basic Tissue Culture.
- Handling and transferring of histology tissues to secondary fixative.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related discipline with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- Basic tissue culture experience and basic knowledge of in vivo studies a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be highly motivated, curious, and eager to learn/apply new skills
- Must be well organized and problem solve efficiently in a fast-paced research environment
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Loading please wait...