Works closely with Principle Investigators, Physicians, Research Coordinators, Quality, and Business Intelligence teams; assists with the planning and conduct of epidemiologic, population health and outcomes research; supports a variety of research projects and hospital initiatives. Responsible for assisting with the collection, analysis, and interpretation of statistical data and preparation of educational materials, reports and publications.
Job Specific Duties
Minimum Job Requirements
- Assists in the definition of requirements for data collection.
- Reviews research protocols for clinical studies and assists with study design and statistical methods.
- Collects data and conducts data formatting, data cleaning, analysis and interpretation of results.
- Designs electronic questionnaires for clinical and socio-demographic studies using REDcap and other platforms.
- Manages and organizes large datasets using a variety of techniques.
- Identifies and solves a range of problems within area of expertise.
- Assists team in conducting research and basic analyses of large data sets.
- Prepares and designs reports, tables, charts, and graphs with written summaries, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Assists with preparation of presentations and scientific publications.
- Assists in training and creating educational materials for residents and fellows.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, finance or other related field
- 1-3 years Data Analyst experience in the field of biostatistics, epidemiology or related field
- 1-3 years experience using R, SPSS, or SAS and various open source analytical software with command line interface (CLI)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with REDCap and database tools (SQL, ORACLE) preferred.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to choose appropriate statistical methods and willingness to learn new software and methods quickly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
RI - ANALYTICS & DATA-2100-380862