Ridgeview Medical Center
Arlington, United States
Healthcare & Medical
Permanent | Full Time
This position is in rural Arlington, it's a .8 FTE and will work the Day/Evening shift.
• Assesses patient health problems needs and develops,
implements, and evaluates patient care plans accordingly.
• Provides nursing care.
• Advises and educates patients, family members and significant
others on health maintenance and disease prevention for the
• Documents and maintains accurate medical records and reports.
• Participates in quality improvement activities as appropriate to
• Serves as a patient advocate in seeking appropriate community
resources to meet patient needs.
• Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of
peers, other healthcare providers, and colleagues to enhance own
professional nursing practice.
• Demonstrates competencies in the specialty area of Med/Surg.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
When functioning as a Charge Nurse:
• Manages flow of patients through inpatient and/or outpatient
• Assigns resources to care for patients and arranges staffing to
ensure safe patient care.
• Provides work direction and addresses issues during the shift.
• Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, and physicians.
• Demonstrates unit specific Charge Nurse competencies.
• Review Physician orders.
• 1 or more years of acute care experience in RN role
• ACLS, PALS, or ENPC and TNCC or CALS within 6 months of hire
• Demonstrate critical thinking and decision making.
• Ability to work autonomously and as a team, including during
cares, admitting, discharge planning.
• Capable of making independent decisions with the use of good
critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work and multi-task in a high stress and fast paced
• Ability to respond appropriately to unpredictable situations and
diverse patient populations.
• Ability to communicate in the English language for effective
written and verbal correspondence to complete job functions as
• Ability to meet and maintain the necessary background checks as
aligned with position functions.
• Current professional nurse licensure in Minnesota or if licensed in
another state, a permit from the Minnesota Board of Nursing while
the license application is in process.
• BLS Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing
• 1-3 years of Medical Surgical Nursing
• TNCC or CALS
• PALS or ENPC
Loading please wait...