FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Senior Chapter Lead is responsible for the strategic direction of the technology managed within their chapter. They act as a Senior SME to guide core and advanced FM Global technology vision, build and maximize the capabilities within Software Engineering.
The Senior Chapter lead is a technologist who assists in aligning the technical vision and roadmap with the ability of the organization to execute on it and is constantly searching for opportunities to identify relevant technology trends and innovations that could improve developers skillsets and overall technology product delivery. The Senior Chapter lead acts as practice leader who engages with Software Engineering Chapter Leads, Software Engineering Chapter members, as well as Architecture, and Product organization as a technical SME.
The Senior Chapter Lead is a strong technical and software delivery leader responsible for piloting new and emerging technical capabilities and putting legacy ones in containment working across the larger technical organization. They manage and support Chapter members in a professional manner and responsible for the development and growth of their Chapter Leads and Chapter members.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Set core and advanced technology vision for FM Global, develop technology capabilities and skills of Chapter members.
- Work with architecture and product teams on developing an ongoing technology roadmap for the technologies managed within the chapter
- Participate in solving complex problems that require the highest competency level as an expert organizer in consultations with architects, infrastructure team members, product team members, and other experts.
- Proactively formulate recommendations in technology based on market trends and potential investments, technical and organizational issues for efficient product delivery.
- Set targets for development and growth and complete final assessment of Chapter employees in professional development, setting goals, OKRs, and performance reviews.
- Prepare decisions on performance management for Chapter employees in consultation with Product Owners.
- Plan and manage budget for tools, training, staff augmentation, and other required supporting needs for chapter and product teams.
- Resolve organizational issues of keeping the Chapter members at work and meeting product demand.
- Set up interaction and knowledge sharing processes among Chapter employees in different Squads.
- 10+ years of strong experience as an IT expert in software development and delivery, and recognized reputation of a business expert or technical expert in the Chapters subject area.
- Work with architecture and product teams on developing a technology roadmap for the technologies managed within the chapter.
- Experience challenging Chapter members to create rewarding working environment in which Chapter members are driven and motivated to have a real impact within their respected product teams.
- Experience in evaluating technologies, running effective technology proof of concepts, and managing technology vendor relationships.
- Experience interviewing, recruiting, hiring, assessing, and retaining personnel.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and developing highly motivated technical workforce.
- Experience working on cross-function projects and products that cover several organizations, business units or countries.
- Experience in fast-paced Agile environments as a Squad member is a plus.
- Scrum Master certification (or equivalent) is a plus.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Masters Degree in Computer Science or Management of Information Systems is a plus.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.