NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
Randolph, United States
Permanent | Full Time
National Grid is currently hiring for a Senior Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Analyst CTI for our cyber tactical operations team in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business
The National Grid Tactical Threat Intelligence team is part of the Cyber Security Operations department within National Grid’s Security Team and is responsible for providing indications and warning of suspected cyber-attacks directed against National Grid. The team’s role is to rapidly generate and share relevant intelligence to internal stakeholders so that they can prioritize and appropriately assign further investigative resources or take mitigation related actions.
• Proactively analyze and review external threat intelligence reports; determine relevance for National Grid and our stakeholders; evaluate content for future mitigation or detection.
• Produce actionable intelligence in the form of alerts, reports, and briefings.
• Attend and contribute to regular meetings with internal teams and external industry leading threat intelligence partners/vendors to maintain a common operating picture of the cyber threat landscape.
• Use premium Threat Intelligence tooling to enrich indicators of compromise and pivot to additional threat related infrastructure and tooling.
• Collaborate and share findings with a wide range of audiences to include internal and external National Grid stakeholder communities.
• Respond to requests for ad-hoc reporting and research topics from management as required.
• Submit and track requests for information to threat intelligence vendors and information sharing partnerships.
• Generate and provide tailored Threat Intelligence briefings to stakeholders
• Understand the cyber threat landscape for the energy and utility sector and maintain a level of knowledge of active and historical threats as it relates to Nation States, Cyber Criminals, and Hacktivists.
• Maintain and generate metrics on a myriad of topics and data points for leadership and management to determine trends and assess return on investment for threat intelligence vendors/sources
• Prior experience as a technical cyber threat intelligence subject matter expert that has worked across organizational boundaries in a demanding environment to analyze cyber threats that could impact their organizations infrastructure and services of their customers.
• Ability to gather and consume threat intelligence reporting from multiple sources to fulfill threat intelligence gaps and collection requirements
• Understanding of global geopolitical dynamics and the ability to apply that knowledge to a cyber security context for both Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology environments.
• Detailed knowledge of global cyber threats, threat actors and the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber adversaries
• Experience transforming raw technical reporting into finished analytical products
• Ability to engage in all-source fusion analysis with the purpose of writing analytical reports, briefings, and alerts.
• Capability to produce intelligence products at the Strategic, Operational and Tactical levels for audiences with perse technological backgrounds ranging from limited technical knowledge to subject matter experts in the industry.
• Exhibited experience and knowledge in conducting detailed technical analysis supported by industry accepted threat intelligence analytical frameworks, intelligence analysis tools, analytical standards, and the intelligence lifecycle.
• Demonstrated understanding of threat modeling techniques, in a cyber intelligence or cyber operations environment
• Ability to maintain or develop professional contacts in the cyber security community and within multiple sectors/industries including energy sector and government.
• Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills with the ability to exhibit sound judgment
Work Life Balance
• Influencing skills covering colleagues, partners / vendors and project sponsors.
• Supporting the operationalization of security tools and infrastructure.
• Desire to learn National Grid’s business operations, its business principles and drivers.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their inpidual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad persity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, inpiduals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Loading please wait...