Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is looking for a Senior Software Engineers for our ground system programs in Aurora, Colorado or Omaha, Nebraska.
Life with Raytheon Intelligence and Space
Raytheon is seeking Senior Software Engineers for the FORGE Program to join our distinguished team developing state-of-the-art application infrastructure software and systems for satellite data processing applications. This position is based in Aurora, Colorado or Omaha, Nebraska.
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle. On the FORGE program, you will work with teams of talented engineers to develop and improve advanced infrastructure to support data processing applications for the Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS).
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible to:
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Develop new functional capabilities within software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs
- Develop software baseline changes using Agile and DevOps methods
- Configure and maintain containerization software
- Analyze, debug, and troubleshooting technical problems
- Work as an effective team member on an Integrated Product Team effort to achieve program success
- Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones
It Would Be Great if You Also Had:
- Experience with containerization software such as Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
- Experienced with object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience using Java
- Experience with Agile development
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other relevant technical discipline.
- Knowledge of DevOps pipelines and software
- Knowledge and Experience with OpenShift
- Experience with messaging software
- Java application development experience on a government project
- Experience with Eclipse, Junit, and Git
- Current/Active DoD Secret clearance
What We can Offer You:
Due to the nature of the work, we can only consider US citizens who have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- A company that is committed to fostering mentorship and career development for their team members
- Ability to work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees.
- The ability to continue your career in a challenging and collaborative organization
- Flexible work hours that will allow you to balance qualify work and your personal life.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays
In compliance with Colorados Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $70,000 to $150,000; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidates work experience, education/training, and key skills.
#WeAreRIS #EngineerJobs #EngineeringCareers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.