Under the direction of the Head of Network Service Management, this role is part of the Tier2/3 Operation’s Team and provides senior technical network engineering support at Citizens. This role will be responsible for solutioning, engineering, and operational support. It requires fast and accurate response to all monitoring alerts, assistance with the repair or escalation of issues as appropriate for all related events, implementing required BAU and project related changes, and help mentor the Tier 1.5 operations' team. It requires a broad network engineering background specializing in routing & switching with experience across various network technology platforms: load balancers, IPAM, firewall, NAC, wireless technologies.
The Network Operations Engineer will strive to maintain the highest level of customer service for both internal and external customers by facilitating timely and accurate communications of network issues. This position supports 24/7 Network Operations, requiring the flexibility to work across all three shifts as required and on-call coverage.
With multiple mergers and acquisitions recently announced, to a transformation of the technology landscape, this is an exciting time to join the Citizens’ team!
- Provides technical and Tier 2/3 escalation support and oversight, as well as monitor day to day operations of the network infrastructure.
- Performs proactive review of the infrastructure to identify issues/concerns that could impact uptime and performance.
- Primary liaison to architecture teams (Representing Operations)
- Interprets monitoring console messages/alerts and performs required actions.
- Performs network problem isolation and determination
- Uses and invokes network diagnostic aids and tools – Makes suggestions to further improve current/planned instrumentation.
- Provides input to team training plans within the operational environment.
- Provides feedback to Manager of Network Infrastructure Operations on the technical progress of Engineer/Technicians within the operations team.
- Initiates corrective action, where required, within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Implements and/or approves network bypass/recovery/backup procedures as required.
- Perform proactive investigation and resolution of event related triggers within the environment
- Keeps up-to-date on technology supported by the network operations team and ensures familiarity with new technologies that may be supported by the operations team in the future.
- Support Change Control review and preparation within the operations team
- Mentors and provides direction to Network Operations Engineers, Technicians and Tier 1.5 Team
- Operations representative for participation in the Problem Management Process.
- Experience with building and deploying network Aruba and Arista networks
- Experience with supporting an SDWAN environment desired
- Detailed experience of troubleshooting a variety of network and infrastructure products, technology and configurations.
- At least 8 to 10 years of internetworking experience with Routers, Switches, WAN, LAN, TDM, VoIP, Telecomm, and other internetworking technologies.
- Familiarity with telephony, Voice and Video over Network technologies (e.g. VoIP).
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP—addressing, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.), and transport protocols (UDP and TCP).
- Detailed knowledge and hands on experience in troubleshooting routing protocol issues including BGP, OSPF
- Experience of working with Telco and network service providers (TDM, Ethernet, DWDM, MPLS)
- Knowledge and experience working with F5 Load Balancers
- Working knowledge and experience of firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco), IDS/IPS, VPN and Internet Proxies advantageous
- Experience with managing a NAC infrastructure.
- Professional Level network certification/training programs
- Understanding of network performance analysis and capacity planning best practices.
- Knowledge with network services such as DNS, DHCP, NTP and Authentication (RADIUS & TACACS)
- Familiar with the use of monitoring, management, diagnostic tools and the SNMP protocol
- Able to effectively operate as self-managing and self-starting.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Believe in providing the highest quality of service and strive for efficiency.
- Willing to be flexible with the Network Operations work schedule to support multiple shifts.
- Understanding and conversant with escalation, ITIL based Event, Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and procedures.
#LI-Sourcer1Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.