As a Senior Operations Manager for Sodexo based at Royal Stoke University Hospital, you are more than just a manager; you are a relationship-builder and a catalyst of positive change. In this role you will take overall day to day responsibility for the operational management of the contracted services for the PFI’s within North Staffordshire, ensuring services are delivered efficiently and in line with the contract and statutory obligation.
Sodexo provide a full range of facilities services at the hospital including catering, cleaning, security, portering, helpdesk, reception and estates management. The post holder will be responsible for specific services and projects, including Portering, Waste, Distribution, Logistics and Security.
What you’ll do:
For a full list of responsibilities please view the attached job description
- Lead major operational change projects on behalf of the departments.
- Drive operational improvement through innovation and an improved staff engagement.
- Deliver a strong management review and control process with the operational managers and senior site management (SMT) including the monthly review and reporting process.
- Take an active role in supporting the operational managers in client meetings (e.g., quarterly reviews) and proposals for new and existing services including continuous improvement plans.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the senior managers of the client.
- Active member of the onsite senior management team to support the Business Director in the strategic decision making on the Royal Stoke PFI’s.
- Work with the operational managers to identify risks, issues and opportunities and ensure that the operations team have plans in place to address them.
- Analyse performance trends and opportunities and determine how best the insight from this work can be turned into real performance improvements.
- Day to day management of the Operations Managers across multi disciplines
- Manage operations within the parameters of the contract and statutory obligations.
- Manage the workforce in line with Company and Client policies.
- Lead service for administration, recruitment, talent succession and payroll requirements
- To have an excellent understanding of current health and safety regulations to then enforce these across the site.
- Overseeing of the training requirements within the site taking in to consideration changes in legislation and best practise
- To assist in the strategic planning for future development of the sites and the business development of operational services
What you bring:
What we offer
- Comprehensive experience of working in a senior management role within the service industry
- Facilities Management/Service Management specific technical skills including logistics knowledge and experience.
- Adaptable, flexible, and resilient
- Inclusive style Leadership skills and knowledge
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards.
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions.
- Proven experience of managing long-term client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team.
- Proven ability to develop new business opportunities.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical skills: able to understand complex performance issues and advise and able to prioritise action plans to resolve
- Experience of working within PFI environment
- Experience of working with Healthcare
£highly competitive + excellent benefits package
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Access to ongoing training and development programs
- Countless opportunities to grow within the company.
Salary £highly competitive + excellent benefits