In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients claritynot just answersin all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, youll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
A true partner within the business, our IT team works globally as one cohesive unit comprised of collaborative professionals who take pride in support and customer service. Core areas include solutions delivery and application development, network operations, workforce services and information services/knowledge management.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be assigned to work with one or more development project teams. In this role they will be expected to:
- The System Engineer will be responsible for building, supporting and managing end-to-end solutions within Amazon AWS and Azure Cloud environments.
- Support SCRUM teams in an Agile development environment.
- The Systems Engineer will be responsible for automating and deploying cloud infrastructure such as VPCs, Security Groups, EC2s, AWS Load Balancers, API Gateway etc. in support of approved initiatives.
- Working with the Solutions Designer, Development Architect and third parties as appropriate, the engineer will be responsible for ensuring that a technical design document describing the technical architecture for the program/project is produced.
- Understand the business and application requirements and translate into an Infrastructure solution.
- Ensure that all technology selected for the program conforms to the organizations technical long term strategy.
- Become a central point of understanding of the end-to-end technical architecture for the solution concerned.
- Build IT Infrastructure solutions based on requirements making use of new and existing IT capabilities and services.
- Support and build cloud compute, network & storage systems demonstrating an understanding of fundamental technologies.
- Provide after-hours support as required to address system outages and perform system updates/upgrades/modifications.
- Identify new processes or modify existing processes to improve efficiencies in the support and monitoring of the departments production applications.
- Perform other duties as required.
- B.S. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred.
- MCSE, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, or AWS Certified Solutions Architect a plus
- A broad understanding of enterprise-class technologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience with large scale client facing online systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Amazon AWS technologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows based technologies
- Experience integrating with the development teams to understand the application landscape and their interface to different systems in the IT landscape
- Ability to communicate and to interact effectively with co-workers and customers is required.
- Ability to work and adapt in a dynamic environment and recognize priority issues, escalating accordingly
- Experience with creating standards and documentation
- Ability to work both independently or as part of a project group, with time constraints
- Strong customer service oriented; organizational and communication skills, positive and can-do attitude
A technical troubleshooting and prioritization skills test will be part of the interview process.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.