FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We currently have an opening for a Dynamics 365 Senior Software Engineer. These multi-tiered client/server business applications may be transactional or analytical in nature. Individuals holding this position may be assigned to project teams, work independently, or lead others on a project team, as assigned.
This is the second level in the Software Engineering job family.
- Designs, develops, maintains and enhances multi-tiered, client/server business applications.
- Incumbents must have a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs, and collaborate with business staff, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to evaluate defined complex business requirements and processes, assess available technologies, determine infrastructure, and recommend solution options.
- Incumbent's design and build application solutions which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies, and tools.
- In-depth Dynamics 365 development experience required.
- Structured and object-oriented design, development, and implementation of business applications in current computing architectures.
- Systems Development Life Cycle as pertains to software development projects
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies, tools, and middleware, including development technologies and scripting languages (e.g., .Net, C#, VB, VB.Net, ASP, ASP. Net, SSIS, SSRS, MSMQ, Biztalk, Oracle, SQL Server, stored procedures, HTML/XML/XSL, COM, DCOM, ODBC, ADO, etc.).
- (Enterprise Data Services only) Knowledge of relevant technologies, tools, and extract, transfer, and load technologies (e.g., Unix shell scripts, PL SQL, Oracle Transparent Gateway, ETL (Extraction Transformation & Loading) tools.
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies in distributed client/server environments.
- Application development using current computing architectures and environments (e.g., multi-tiered Client/Server Web).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to estimate development tasks for small to medium sized projects.
- Several of the following: Server Side and Client-Side development techniques, object-oriented design and development, multi-threading, choosing Transports, Clustering, Distributed Offline, developing for optimal network performance, selection of deployment options.
- Expertise across multiple technologies including servers, browsers, 3rd party utilities/tools for integrating application components with database management systems and legacy systems.
- Project management: planning and executing projects from vision through implementation.
- Self-motivated to stay current in development technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to translate technical concepts as appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Ability to work self-directed and as part of a team on projects of varying size; works well on cross-functional project teams and shows commitment to tasks, project, and to team.
4 Years College Degree/Bachelors in Computer Science, Information technology, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training with a non-related Bachelor degree.5 Years in-depth experience in object-oriented business application design and development in a complex client server environment.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.