FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Join an agile development team at FM Global that designs, builds, and implements innovative applications that enable our multi-billion-dollar business. These teams expertly design and develop applications and services that provide critical data from our transactional systems to drive business processes throughout the company and for our customers.
We currently have an opening for a Full Stack .NET Engineer with experience in Angular and Typescript for the front end. The incumbent will have experience in writing C# code, business logic, APIs and SQL knowledge.
ResponsibilitiesYou will emphasize partnership and servant leadership within your team and the organization. You will collaborate with your team members to craft and implement multi-tiered enterprise solutions that are feature rich, performant, and maintain a high degree of test automation. You will actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews. You will work to improve your skills and capabilities and those of other developers within your agile chapter through experimentation, training, and knowledge sharing.
As a Software Engineer you bring:Strong problem-solving skills.
Dedication to delivery.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team.
A deep desire to learn and apply technology in a pragmatic way to create client value.Experience designing and building systems that are maintainable, evolvable, and highly tested.Qualifications
2+ years of in-depth experience in object-oriented business application design and development in a multi-tiered environment. At least one year in a development leadership capacity is a plus!
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong proficiency with C#, .NET, data structures, basic algorithms, and applying object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Strong understanding of architectural principles of software development, data modelling, and security.
- Strong proficiency with development tools such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, and Git.
- Experience building web applications with technologies such as Angular, React, or ASP.NET.
- Experiencing with Angular web development including Typescript, NgRx, RxJs, or Redux is preferred.
- Experience with web development technologies including AJAX, XML, JSON, Node.js, Gulp.js and Nunjucks templates.
- Experience with CSS Frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Semantic UI, etc.).
- Experience designing and implementing efficient RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Object-Relational tools such as Entity Framework, EF Core, Dapper, or NHibernate.
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests with NUnit, xUnit, MS Test, Selenium or similar.
- Strong proficiency with relational databases design and query construction and optimization (SQL Server preferred).
- Experience developing database stored procedures using T/SQL or PL-SQL.
- Experience with agile methodologies and frameworks.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively participate in peer code reviews and pull requests, both as the reviewer and the reviewee.
- Self-motivated to know the latest in development technologies, tools, and implementation patterns and a desire to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
Additional not required but preferred:
Experience with Sitecore 9+ application development including Sitecore Helix Modular architecture.Experience with Apache Solr Search Engine Platform.Experience with authentication within REST based services using OAuth or OpenID Connect.Experience with fine grained authorization within REST based services.Experience building application with Azure.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Advanced degree and certification are desirable.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.