About Akron Childrens Hospital
Akron Childrens Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nations best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, were making it easier for todays busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Childrens Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Childrens Anywhere app, were here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Population Health Analyst is responsible for conducting comprehensive data reporting in areas like population health and quality metric measurement for Akron Childrens Hospital pediatric Medicaid Accountable Care Organization, Akron Childrens Health Collaborative (ACHC), to support decision making capabilities.
- Develops analytic dashboards pertaining to HEDIS/quality, utilization, total cost of care, and provider incentive reimbursement. Create drill down performance reports, dashboards & views for ACHC leadership, practices, and participating providers.
- Assists with tracking and trending of population health metrics including but not limited to PMPM spend, total cost of care, cost per case, population utilization, and care coordination activities.
- Performs analyses evaluating the impact of various ACHC programs and clinical initiatives and provides regular summaries to relevant department and program leaders.
- Contributes subject matter expertise in the areas of business/clinical processes, analytical expertise, technical programming skills, and visually driven reporting. Demonstrates leadership working with key stakeholders, end users and project team members.
- Performs analyses evaluating the effectiveness of key improvement initiatives and creates routine reports on outcomes that will be sent to providers.
- Identifies actionable opportunities to improve utilization, patient satisfaction, access & clinical outcomes.
- Identifies & analyzes patient characteristics associated with / predictive of outcomes & future behavior.
- Improves the quality and accuracy of data by working with users to identify reporting needs, defining report specifications, and developing reports to meet business requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working with large datasets, healthcare domain preferred.
- Proficiency in analytic and BI tools, such as SAP WebI, Qlikview, Qlik Sense, SQL
- Experience in analyzing a wide array of data types, including clinical process and outcome data, e.g., HEDIS and other performance metrics, and survey data.
- Experience working with electronic medical record data and/or medical claims.
- Strong ability to turn data into usable information that provides value analytics for end-user processes.
- Demonstrated ability to independently exercise good judgment, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including ability to present complex technical concepts in a clear, concise manner to audiences with varying levels of understanding.
- Experience providing multivariate analyses preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products and data visualization software.
Education and Experience
- Education: Masters degree in Healthcare Informatics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Information Management, Healthcare Informatics, Data Analytics/Data Science, Healthcare Administration, Computer Science, Statistics or other relevant field;
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum 6 years experience working in analytics for healthcare organizations
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.