The Systems Engineer III is responsible for day to day operations of video systems that include Video Back-Office Systems, Conditional Access Systems, Explore Controller, and video devices used to support Switched Digital Video Systems and Video on Demand Systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Work within a Video Operations organization that manages technology such as video distribution, conditional access, SDV, VOD, CDN and video CPE devices to ensure optimal performance
- Support innovative, diverse, and collaborative work environment to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Assist in management and execution of products and projects driven by video product and engineering
- Research issue and resolution of action items as needed and directed by Charter
- Oversee life cycle management of field hardware and software
- Drive assigned initiatives to successful completion.
- Provide on call support
- Ensure adherence to company TQA policies.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Video Control and Distribution Systems
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Systems and Network Engineering
- Hands on experience and advanced knowledge configuring and troubleshooting of Conditional Access Systems.
- Ability to provide guidance and training to other engineers in an active work environment.
- Advanced understanding of IP video delivery architecture and its relationship of Conditional Access Systems.
- Advanced understanding of SDV, VOD, edge design and its relationship to Conditional Access Systems.
- Prior experience with producing high quality technical executable documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to support the development of junior engineers through training and mentoring.
- Ability to create designs and diagrams in Microsoft Visio or equivalent design software.
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and related software tools to support the current operations.
- Advanced understanding and ability to use and interpret output of network sniffing tools IE: Wireshark, Charles.
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyze linux/unix scripts.
- Certifications in one or more of the following: SCTE Fundamentals of SDV, Digital Video & MPEG Video , Cisco CCENT, PMI CAPM
- Knowledge of Commscope DAC
- Experience with SRM (VOD and SDV) architectures and operations
- Working knowledge of Video Solutions (Mystro, Tivo, Spectrum Guide), APEX generation edge gear, and Bulk Encryption platforms
ISY350-VIDEO 290831 290831BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $76,800.00
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.