Systems Engineer III will provide day to day operational support for the national provisioning systems. This position will focus on supporting Oracle RAC databases with Data Guard and GoldenGate on Exadata and VM platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, deploy, and manage Oracle databases to provide security, high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to support mission critical systems.
- Strong experience with performance tuning and supporting RAC, ASM, Data Guard, and GoldenGate.
- Experience supporting Exadata.
- Apply quarterly Oracle security patches.
- Assist with capacity planning, configurations, and complete setup.
- Develop scripts to automate routine activities, including health checks, backups, and monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Available to perform maintenance after hours.
- Role will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years of Oracle database administration experience.
- Minimum of Two (2) years Unix administration experience.
- Experience with MongoDB and/or SQL Server a bonus.
- Must be available for planned after-hours maintenance.
ISY350-VIDEO 288210 288210BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $64,500
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.