Portland, United States
Healthcare & Medical
Permanent | Full Time
Preble Street - PORTLAND, MEPosition Type
Full TimeSalary Range
The VHS Healthcare Navigator assists veterans in accessing VA and mainstream healthcare systems. This position will reduce barriers that prevent veterans from accessing healthcare. The Healthcare Navigator will also be required to build and maintain positive relationships with VA medical providers and other healthcare providers. This person will participate in program coverage and community-based outreach activities; ensures the collection, documentation and reporting of information and data as required; and works as a member of the VHS team to support and achieve outcomes aligned with program goals and the agency mission.
* The desired combination of education and relevant experience for this position includes a Bachelor's degree in social work or related field, and 2 years of experience working in the nonprofit, social services sector; however, candidates with any combination of experience and education likely to provide the knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in the position will be considered.
* Commitment to the Preble Street mission, understanding of social work best practices, and experience with homeless and/or poverty-related service provision.
* Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness, and with people experiencing mental health and substance use related conditions.
* Qualified candidates will have knowledge of issues related to homeless, community resources, including those specific to veterans.
* Candidates should have solid communication and organizational skills and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
* As the position's duties require the Healthcare Navigator to work with people all over Maine, this is considered a state-wide role. Regional travel is required, with mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle use for work-related travel.
Compensation and Benefits
* 160 hours vacation time, 96 hours sick time, 16 hours personal time (accrued), 12 Paid Holidays
* Health insurance w/ 100% employer-paid option; Dental insurance w/ 100% employer-paid option; Vision insurance; Employer-paid Life, STD, and LTD insurance
* Optional supplemental Life, Critical Illness, and AD&D insurance options
* 403(b) retirement plan w/ employer match
Loading please wait...